- El Dorado Elementary School
A Message From El Dorado Administration
Dear El Dorado Families,
Welcome back to the 2021-2022 school year! The El Dorado teachers and staff are enthusiastically preparing for the 2021-22 school year. In the preceding three years before the Covid-19 outbreak, our El Dorado Eagle students had significant growth in ELA and Math. Their success was a collaboration of students, parents and teachers working together to ensure that every child succeeds! Additionally, our PBIS supports are bar none as we were again a Nationally Recognized Capturing Hearts School... three years in a row! We are excited to build upon those improvements and help our STUDENT EAGLES SOAR post-pandemic.
Below you will find some important information about our school program.
EL DORADO is excited to offer a full day TK-5th grade program that runs from 8:25 am - 3:08 pm, every day except Tuesday. Tuesday is a minimum day that runs from 8:25 am - 12:40 pm. The first day of school will be Tuesday, August 10th. Please note that August 10th is a minimum day and students will be dismissed at 12:40 pm. For more information, please use these links to view the 2021-2022 SCHOOL CALENDAR and SCHOOL START TIMES.
We have been working hard for quite some time to prepare for the safe reopening of our schools. Some of our key health and safety measures include:
- All students and staff are required to wear a mask or other type of face covering when indoors
- All student desks and teacher desks will have a shield to help promote a safer environment
- We have increased staff support to further promote a clean and safe learning environment
- Students will be provided their own school supplies, textbooks, and computers
- Student and staff health screenings must be completed daily upon entry to the school campus using our digital PARENT LOCKER SYSTEM. Please be sure to register for the Parent Locker system online as soon as possible if you haven’t already done so.
- WILL MY CHILD HAVE TO WEAR A MASK AT SCHOOL? Yes. The Center for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) – Appendix T1 have all provided Reopening Guidance for K-12 Schools mandating that all students and staff wear a mask when indoors at school.
Students can be dropped off at school beginning at 7:45 am each morning. Families can drive up and drop off your child at the front gates. Kindergarten has its own gate, and we ask that you walk your child each day for drop off and pick up. Families are also welcome to walk their children to campus if you prefer. REMEMBER: ALL PARENTS MUST FILL OUT PARENT LOCKER SYSTEM BEFORE A CHILD CAN BE ADMITTED ON CAMPUS. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE APP and SIMPLY FILL IT OUT EVERY MORNING PRIOR TO DROP OFF. IF YOUR CHILD IS SICK OR HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19, DO NOT BRING THEM TO SCHOOL.
It is important that your child attends school every day and on time. However, if your child is experiencing any flu or Covid-like symptoms, please keep them home to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff and students. Please be sure to call the office at 661-942-8487 to report your child’s absence that morning. We also encourage you to contact the office if there are any last minute changes to your child’s dismissal routine
We can’t wait to see our Eagle students and welcome them back to our EL Dorado Eagle Nest! Enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you back on Tuesday, August 10th!
Todd Coleman and Cheri Newlander