- Monte Vista Elementary School
Sora Sweet Reads
Sora Reading App by OverDrive
Sora is a reading and listening app being used by the Lancaster School District. With Sora, students and staff can access a large collection of ebooks and audiobooks for independent, recreational, or teacher-assigned reading. Students can read or listen to these books using a Chromebook, desktop computer, or personal mobile device. If the students have a school Chromebook at home, they can access Sora from their Classlink page. IF you want to put it on your own device, follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://soraapp.com using a web browser on any computer or device. (If you are using an Android or Apple mobile device you can also install the Sora app from your device’s app store.)
- Use the “Find my school.” (Search Lancaster School District)
- Enter the username (Active Directory log in) and password that you use to log in to school computers.
- Click the Explore tab to search for and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading or listening right away.
- You can keep a book for 14 days. You can checkout up to 3 books at a time. You can place holds on books that are checked out.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books. From there, you can:
* Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to a book.
* Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
Download the App to use on your mobil device here:
For videos on how to access and use Sora please visit the YouTube Link below.
Dear Mustang Families,
Monte Vista is gearing up for summer break. While summer presents an opportunity to relax and enjoy the sunshine, we want our students to continue to find ways to learn while away from the classroom.
We have an exciting reading service available through Sora, the student reading app, which provides free 24/7 access to ebooks and audiobooks. What better way to engage your student’s mind than through reading?
Starting May 4 – August 17, 2022, the Sora Sweet Reads program will offer a collection of Juvenile and Young Adult titles that will be prominently displayed in Sora for quick and easy unlimited access. You can explore the title offerings and learn more about the program here: SORA Sweet Reads
How does it work?
Sora provides the quickest and easiest way to get started with digital titles from our school. Students can simply log in using school credentials and instantly access hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks on virtually any device. Get started today at information is listed at the top of the page. For easy access, our school’s setup code is LancasterCA.
Boredom is not an option this summer.