In-Person and Virtual Instruction
In-Person Instruction Timeline
Below you will find the start dates for returning to school by grade level:
Monday, April 5th
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) & Kindergarten (K) - General Ed & SDC
- ECE - General Ed
Monday, April 12th
- Grades 1 & 2 - General Ed
- All 1st - 6th grade SDC students elementary and middle school
Monday, April 19th
- Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 elementary and middle school - General Ed
- ECE - SDC
In-Person and Virtual Schedules are subject to change as the pandemic continues.
Synchronous & Asynchronous Instruction
We recognize that student learning is maximized when they receive live instruction and assistance from teachers and support staff. We are pleased that our AAA+ LEARNING SYSTEM provides a systematic approach and support to promote engaging learning experiences and academic success for every child, every day. Utilizing Google Classroom, Webex or Zoom online meeting platforms, and other learning tools, students and families will receive daily live instruction from their teacher and be provided designated time to apply their learning and practice essential skills.
There are two important definitions in the descriptions for virtual learning that everyone needs to know.
- Synchronous instruction refers to live, scheduled, interactive classes with teachers and students in real-time, teacher-supported work time, and scheduled and timed online tests.
- Asynchronous instruction refers to self-paced instruction with intermittent teacher interaction.