Dear Amargosa Creek families,
Welcome to our school year!!! We are so happy you are part of our ACMS Family. Our commitment at Amargosa Creek Middle School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student with regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of the Amargosa Creek Cougars. It is the contribution of our students to the school community that makes ACMS an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs as well as a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
As the Principal, it is my mission to create positive conditions that support success for everyone – students, teachers, staff, and parents. My goal is to ensure that every student is provided the highest quality education in a safe and supportive learning environment. I am a firm believer that collaboration amongst teachers, staff and parents, is essential to helping each student achieve his/her very best. Every student is valued and worthy of our best effort to make this happen!
We encourage our Amargosa Cougars to make a choice every day to “ROAR,” be Responsible, Organized, Accountable and Respectful when it comes to their studies, attending school on time daily, getting involved in activities, and choosing friends. If students make the right choices and have a positive mindset, they will surely have great success in school! However, we know it is not always easy to keep students motivated, which is why we count on our parents’ help. Parents, there are a few simple things you can do to ensure the success of your child while at Amargosa Creek Middle School.
- Make sure your child attends school every day and on time.
- Know what is required of your child to pass each of his/her courses
- Find out in advance when the report cards will be issued (they are distributed every 8 weeks).
- Sign into Powerschool Parent Portal at least once a week. If your child is in danger of failing, promptly make an appointment to see the teacher.
- Participate in parent activities sponsored by the school- English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) and School Site Council (SSC) monthly meetings, PTO, and Parent/teacher conference days (available once a quarter).
- Talk to your child about having friends who are a positive influence in your child’s life.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I am honored to serve as your principal.