Welcome new and returning Cougars! Amargosa Creek Middle School is fortunate enough to have two School Counselors: Mr. Garcia and Ms. Z. We are very excited to be a part of the Cougar family. Please review our page for updates and do not hesitate to call or email with questions or comments. We would like to welcome everyone to a new and exciting school year. As your School Counselors, we will be:
- Teaching classroom guidance lessons on a variety of topics.
- Counseling individual students as needed and maintaining confidentiality.
- Counseling with small groups of children with similar concerns.
- Providing assistance to our foster youth
- Consulting with teachers and parents to assist them in meeting individual student needs.
- Coordinating referrals to school and community agencies and resources
- Conflict resolution among student
- Providing information and resources for parents and teachers
- Provide assistance with our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Monitoring students attendance
Counseling services are available to all students. Please feel free to call us if you have a concern or question. We can be reached at (661)729-6064 or at either of our emails below.
We both are looking forward to working with you and your child this year.
Melissa Zangerle, MS George Garcia Corona
School Counselor School Counselor