Lancaster School District
Student and School Safety
We would like our families to know that Lancaster School District and Amargosa Creek Middle School, diligently work hand-in-hand with the officers and personnel at Lancaster Sheriff’s Station, along with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department (LASD), to create the safest schools possible.
We have recently found the need to respond to anonymous notes and/or concerning student behaviors. Every threat, whether it be written, verbal or on social media is taken seriously by our staff and investigated immediately and thoroughly. LASD investigations have generally shown that a large majority of “threats” are made by students as a “joke” or “prank.”
PARENTS: This is where we need your help.
- Please talk to your student about the serious consequences of making these types of “jokes” and “pranks.” Regardless of their intention, these threats are unlawful and it is important that our students understand that thoroughly.
IT IS CRUCIAL THAT PARENTS TAKE ACTION WHEN NECESSARY. HERE IS WHAT PARENTS AND GUARDIANS CAN DO TO HELP:
- Ensure your student knows and understands the severity of making a false threat. It is difficult to tell if a comment is a “joke” until it has been investigated thoroughly. There could be criminal, civil, financial and administrative consequences at both school level and Sheriff’s Department level.
- Stay connected and monitor your student’s social media activities. Direct messages on sites such as Instagram and Facebook allow your student to send/receive private messages.
- Reach out to teachers, staff, principal, deputies or other trained professionals if you see behavior indicative of self-harm or harm to others.
IF YOU SEE OR HEAR SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
- Our schools and community’s safety is everyone’s responsibility. We can help our students get the most out of their educational experience by working together to create the safest schools possible.
- If you have any questions OR need to report something, please contact the administrative office at Amargosa Creek at: (661) 729- 6064