Our vision at Endeavour Middle School is to empower every student to appreciate the power of literature, to communicate effectively and appropriately, and to learn the necessary skills to be productive citizens. Our goal is to provide engaging texts with rich vocabulary so that students’ interests are piqued and they enjoy reading, writing, and learning about the world around them.
- Students will meet the reading, writing, listening and speaking standards by the end of the year.
- Students will build perseverance in writing for longer periods of time.
- Students will develop empathy, respectful communication, and emotional intelligence.
- Critical-thinking skill development
- Reading comprehension and analysis (e.g. figurative language, rhetorical elements, literary elements)
- Study Sync
- Scope Magazine
- Novels and informational articles
- Short-constructed responses (RACE) and essay development skills
- Read, read, read.
- Unfinished classwork becomes homework.
Feild Trips and Special Events
- Magic Mountain for 8th graders
- School dances
Classroom Supplies/Donation Requests
- Hand sanitizer
- Used books for classroom libraries
- Composition notebooks
Classlink Code: Lancsd
- Palmdale native
- Attended UC Irvine, Cal State Northridge and Brandman University
- Previously worked as a social worker and case manager
- Grew up in Pittsburgh, PA
- Served in the US Air Force
- Community Theater Actor
- Street Performing Magician
- Grew up in Simi Valley, CA
- Received bachelor’s degree and teaching credential from CSUN and Chapman University.
- 29 years in teaching
Mrs. E. Johnson
- Born and raised in Arkansas
- Attended Brigham Young University - Idaho (B.A. in English)
- Currently attending California State University, Bakersfield (M.A. in Education)
- Grew up in the Antelope Valley
- Attended Cal State Northridge, Cal State Los Angeles, UCLA, and Walden University