Explore our pathways for growth through elective classes
Enriching student's studies with a wealth of classes focusing on Creativity, Technology, Life skills by exploring and building on core competencies.
Beginning Band 7th, 8th
Class description coming soon.
What is your favorite thing about Band? "Watching A piece of music grow from start to finish" - Mr. Asti
Computing Ideas/Coding: students explore the basics of coding and programming, web-designing, using languages HTML and CSS to create and design a simple web page.
Web Design: this is a project-based course that teaches students how to build their own web pages. Students will learn the languages HTML and CSS, and will create their own live homepages to serve as portfolios of their creations.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
The STEM class at Endeavour is a hands-on, engaging class that helps prepare students for the jobs of the future, whether or not those jobs are in a scientific field.
The Endeavour STEM class consists of the following courses:
- Magic of Electrons: Through hands-on projects, students explore the science of electricity and the behavior and parts of atoms. Students acquire knowledge and skills in basic circuitry design and examine the impact of electricity on our lives. Students will build an electromagnetic motor, a telegraph machine, and work with snap circuits to learn about how capacitors, diodes, resistors, sensors, and many other devices work and what they are used for.
- Flight & Space: Students use critical thinking skills to solve problems, design products, and work collaboratively. The exciting world of aerospace comes alive through the Flight and Space unit. Students explore the science behind aeronautics and use their knowledge to design, prototype, and test a glider.
- App Creators: This course introduces students to the field of computer science and the concepts of computational thinking, through the creation of mobile apps. Students are challenged to be creative and innovative, as they collaboratively design and develop mobile solutions to engaging, authentic problems.
- Robotics: Students will learn the basics of building and programming robots to complete various tasks and challenges through teamwork and problem-solving skills.
Our goal in Yearbook is to create a unique, creative, engaging and fun yearbook that will be something students can look back on over the years to remember their time at Endeavour Middle School. The class is generally smaller in number, so that each student can take an active part in developing pages, and feeling like a big part of the process. Other responsibilities include taking photos of new students and preparing the end of year slideshow for promotion. Don’t miss out on this fun class.
Students learn public speaking skills through performance of monologues, skits and plays.
Writing and Media Arts
Students use the Story Maker program to
collaboratively write scripts and animate
videos. Students also explore other
creative writing and technology to
express their creative writing.
- Grew up in Pittsburgh, PA
- Served in the US Air Force
- Community Theater Actor
- Street Performing Magician
- Grew up in Simi Valley, CA
- Received bachelor’s degree and teaching credential from CSUN and Chapman University.
- 29 years in teaching
Mrs. E. Johnson
- Born and raised in Arkansas
- Attended Brigham Young University - Idaho (B.A. in English)
- Currently attending California State University, Bakersfield (M.A. in Education)
- BA in Education with a focus in Mathematics from CSUN
- 11 years in education