Lancaster School District is located in the high desert about 60 miles northeast of Los Angeles and serves students in preschool through eighth grade. Most of the District’s 82.5 square miles lies within the City of Lancaster with a small portion in the unincorporated boundaries of Los Angeles County.
Educating Antelope Valley youth since 1885, we believe the District provides excellent educational opportunities for the more than 15,000 students who attend our schools. We have one alternative education, one 6-8 STEAM, four middle, and fourteen elementary schools. In addition, we serve over 700 students in our preschool program. All of our schools and preschool operate on a traditional schedule.
The District is an active participant with the seven other Antelope Valley elementary districts and the high school district to provide quality programs. Teams of teachers and administrators from these districts meet monthly to articulate the K-12 programs.
Well-maintained school buildings and grounds reflect the importance which the District places upon providing a safe and welcoming environment for students, staff, and parents.
The mission of the Lancaster School District is to provide a relevant, high quality education within an inclusive and culturally respectful environment, preparing all students for personal and professional success.
Our vision is to create options and excellence in education, empowering all students to reach their full potential.
- We believe higher expectations result in higher achievement.
- We believe in treating everyone with respect.
- We believe every person has unique strengths.
- We believe that public education is an essential part of our democratic society.
- We believe that everyone in the Lancaster community shares in the responsibility of, and benefits from, educating our children.
- We believe in personal responsibility and accountability.
- We believe children have the right to live and learn in a safe and secure community.
- We believe all children can learn.
- We believe all children have the right to a quality education in an environment free of racism and any other form of discrimination.
- We believe that open and honest communication builds trusting relationships with all members of our community.