Commitment Statement: Lancaster School District is committed to providing safe inclusive learning spaces where the whole child is educated, nurtured, and inspired. Lancaster School District...where life's journey takes flight!
Welcome to the Student and Family Services Department. Our department is responsible for coordinating efforts across departments and divisions to improve and enhance the services we provide to students and families. We aim to ensure every student, regardless of race, family income level, or ZIP Code, has access to school with the resources, opportunities, and integrated supports that make academic success possible and create strong partnerships between students, families, schools, and communities. Education with C.A.R.E (Coordination of Services Team, Authentic Family and Community Engagement, Relationships, Equitable Access)!
Lancaster School District Awarded 22 Five-Year (2023-2028) Community Schools Implementation Grants. You can access the 2022-2023 Community Schools Implementation Plan by clicking this link.
Implementation Grant Requirements:
Implementation grants are for new community schools or the expansion or continuation of existing community schools. Implementation Grant funding ranges from $100,000 - $500,000 per year per school (depending on school enrollment) for 5 years for districts that already have community schools.
Implementation grant funds may be used for the following:
- Staffing, including Community School Coordinator/Liaisons
- Support Services
- Training/Support, including School Culture Efforts
- Student, Family, and Community Engagement
- Needs and Assets Assessments
- Capacity Building
- Program and Funding Sustainability Planning
- Data Collection and Program Evaluations
Meet the Student and Family Services Team:
- Rebecca Cooksey - Assistant Superintendent, Innovation and Technology Services
- Brittany Alvarez - LEA Medical/SMAA Coordinator/Budget Technician
- Brian Hook - Coordinator of Health and Community Services
- Jessica Beltran - Coordinated Program Specialist
- Lisa Pitko - Administrative Secretary II
- Sam Yuom - Executive Director of Student and Family Services
Contact Information: (661) 723-0351 ext. 57460
Address: 44327 Fig Avenue, Lancaster, CA 93534