How to Apply and Pre-Employment Process:
- Check online at www.lancsd.org for current openings. Click on Employment
- Obtain an application online, pick up one from the Human Resources Department, or apply online at Edjoin.org
- Complete application. Include two letters of recommendation (certificated and management applicants only) and copies of appropriate certificates.
- Submit application by deadline date (when applicable).
- Paperwork will be screened for completeness by Human Resources Division.
- Ineligible applicants will be notified.
- If testing is required, details are provided on the posting. Eligible applicants should report for testing on given date and time.
- Complete fingerprinting and/or TB testing (where required).
- Board Approval
The California State Education Code requires that all school employees be fingerprinted and provide a negative PPD (Mantoux type) Skin Test.
Prior to employment, all applicants are subject to a fingerprinting clearance through the Department of Justice (DOJ). This clearance requires a fee payable in cash to the Lancaster School District. Authorization of employment will not be granted until the fingerprint clearance from DOJ has been accepted. This process takes approximately five to seven days.
The new hire is responsible for applicable fees. Physical exam may be required.
Any required certificates (First Aid/CPR, typing, etc.) will be noted on the job posting and must be submitted at time of application. Some positions may require a valid California Driver's License.
Non-Discrimination Policy: The Lancaster School District is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate against employees, job applicants, student/parents or community on the basis of gender, race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age, marital/parental status, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. District programs and activities shall be free from unlawful discrimination. Sexual Harassment of or by any person in the work or educational setting shall not be tolerated; it shall be a violation of District policy to engage in any conduct which constitutes sexual harassment.