School and Community eFlyers Delivered Via Peachjar
About Peachjar e-flyers
Like many school districts across the nation, Lancaster School District has discovered that the old practice of sending hard copy flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. As part of our ongoing commitment to be more environmentally-friendly and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we are transitioning to a digital flyer delivery system. The District has contracted with Peachjar to provide a digital e-flyer service. Peachjar sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. All flyers may be accessed by clicking on the Peachjar button.
Peachjar has many benefits for parents, students, community organizations, and school staff, including:
- keeps parents informed about school activities and community events/resources
- saves trees by reducing the amount of paper printed
- reduces copy costs by thousands of dollars
- removes the administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers of making copies and stuffing backpacks
- ensures students stay focused on important academic and extra-curricular activities, instead of delivering paperwork to their parents
Peachjar Information for Parents
Lancaster School District uses an electronic flyer communication and delivery tool called “Peachjar.” This tool allows schools and community organizations to save paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. It also reduces the number of flyers sent home in students’ backpacks.
All flyers from community organizations will be posted on your school website and sent directly to your email. To view school-approved flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on your school’s website homepage. No action is required on your part.
You will receive a welcome email from our service provider (Peachjar) that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences.You do not need to login to receive or view school digital flyers. To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add email@example.com (or your district’s selected “from email address”) to your email contacts.
When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.” This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
There is also a button to unsubscribe from Peachjar emails. Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe, you may miss out on important information about school events and opportunities for your child.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well-informed about school programs, activities, and events.
Information for Community Organizations
Many local school districts have discovered that the old practice of sending hard copy flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. Beginning in January 2019, the Lancaster School District (LANCSD) will begin sending digital flyers directly to parents. The district has contracted with Peachjar to provide this digital e-flyer service.
Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
If you wish to distribute flyers to Lancaster School District parents, you may register for a Peachjar account as a “Program Provider” and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired schools within LANCSD. Peachjar does charge a fee to Program Providers, but it is significantly less than the cost of printing flyers for our 15,000 students. Peachjar accepts payment with a credit card or through a PayPal account.
Once you create a Peachjar account, you will upload flyers for approval by the district’s Public Information Office. Please be aware of the district’s Guidelines for Online Flyer Distribution which can be found at www.lancsd.org/peachjar. Most importantly, an organization requesting flyer distribution must be a qualified non-profit with proof of non-profit status. The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by LANCSD. Use of the district’s flyer distribution system shall be under the supervision and control of the Superintendent or designees(s). The district reserves the right to deny any request
We want to ensure our transition to Peachjar is as easy as possible for our community partners. Please visit https://www.peachjar.com/faqs.html to set up your Peachjar account, and learn how to upload your flyers today.
The process to register with Peachjar is easy:
- Visit www.Peachjar.com and click 'Sign Up'
- Enter email address and choose 'Program Provider' as your Account Type
- Enter User Information and Business Information (first and last name, username, password, org name, category, org type, and location)
Any questions about Peachjar or for help setting up an account, contact Chris Ledford, Community Partner Manager at (858) 997-2117 x 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flyer Distribution Guidelines for Community Organizations
The Lancaster School District works primarily with not-for-profit community organizations or programs deemed useful and constructive for the growth of students to provide information to students and families about educational and recreational opportunities. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery through Peachjar. Flyers to be distributed to students must be approved by the Superintendent’s Office via the Peachjar platform.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Be educational in nature, supporting the basic educational mission of Lancaster School District and/or benefiting the population of LSD in a positive manner.
- Contain all of the following information:
- Organization or Sponsor
- Name and phone number of adult contact person
- Description of event
- Location, date and time
- Cost (if any)
- Ages of children (if applicable)
As a courtesy to our community and in order to provide access to all of our students and families, we suggest that flyers be submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document. Flyers can have multiple pages (up to 4), and only incur a fee for one flyer.
Peachjar will automatically add the following disclaimer in English and Spanish:
"DISCLAIMER: Distribution of this flyer is for information purposes only and does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Lancaster School District. Participation in any event or activity sponsored by this organization is strictly voluntary and is not in any way a school-sponsored activity of the Lancaster School District. Parents and guardians are solely responsible for determining suitability for their child. If you have questions, please call the contact person listed on the flyer.”
“DESCARGO DE RESPONSABILIDAD: El próposito de la distribución de este volante es para su información solamente y no constituye necesariamente o implica el respaldo, recomendación, o favoritismo del Distrito Escolar de Lancaster. La participación en cualquier evento o actividad patronizada por esta organización es estrictamente voluntaria y no es de ninguna manera una actividad patronizada por una escuela del Distrito Escolar de Lancaster. Los padres y guardianes son únicamente responsables en determinar si esta actividad es adecuada para su hijo/a. Si tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame a la persona que se nombra en el volante."
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Promote private/commercial enterprise inconsistent with Board Policy 1700
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Proselytize religious beliefs
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, smokeless tobacco products, electronic cigarettes, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an individual or organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.