California Teacher Induction Program (Lancaster-Eastside School Districts)
Is a state-funded induction program that is locally designed and implemented to support the professional development of newly-credentialed, beginning teachers as well as provide a pathway for teachers to fulfill the requirements for the California Clear Multiple and Single Subjects Credentials.
The Lancaster-Eastside Teacher Induction Program is the bridge that spans the stage between teacher preparation programs and full licensure through the attainment of a clear credential. The Induction Program elements fit into three categories.
- Individualized support of the candidate by a trained Mentor who is an experienced, proficient educator.
- Structured program elements including "just in time" mentoring, individualized learning plans, and focus on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- A variety of professional development opportunities that support a participating teacher's identified professional goals as well as the goals of the class, school, and district.
Lancaster-Eastside Teacher Induction Program Goals
- Retain high quality teachers
- Offer an improved Induction Program by which teachers have the opportunity to earn a Professional Clear Teaching Credential based on best practices and current research
- Provide on-going professional development that builds on skills and knowledge developed in teacher preparation programs in alignment with the Learning-To-Teach Continuum
- Partner experienced, trained Mentors with Candidates to assist them in gaining a deeper understanding of the connection between effective teaching and student learning
- Support class, school, and district goals for increasing student achievement in relation to the adopted academic content standards in core curricular areas
- Promote instructional practice and reflection based on student learning data and established professional criteria
- Continue to improve Induction Program services to meet the needs of California teachers and students through data-collection, evaluation review, and planning.
Please visit our website for more information:
(661) 723-0351 x323
(661) 723-0351 x322
(661) 723-0351 X321
Credential Analyst for Lancaster School District
(661) 948-4661 ext. 153
Credential Analyst for Eastside Union School District
(661) 952-1200 ext. 315